Friday, August 24, 2012

Are You Afraid Of Public Opinion?

OK, seriously? Centerlink has Facebook? Why do they need Facebook? So I can get 50,000 likes on a post about how they don't give me enough money? I'm not complaining about businesses, politicians and government organisations having pages on Facebook, but I am questioning the need in some instances.
From my understanding, the reason big names have a Facebook page is for feedback and to tell their customers and future customers what they're all about. So I wouldn't go getting all defensive when someone tells you what they want and expect. You've put yourself out there at the mercy of the scores of people who use social media.

And thank you to the lady who complained on Target's Facebook page about the little girls clothes. I'm glad someone did. I'm glad someone told a company what consumers and the broader public want where everyone can see it. Target, you can't ignore people power. Wasn't that the idea behind having a Facebook page? For public opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment