Friday, August 24, 2012

Am I Just Wasting My Time Here?

I confess, I'm guilty of it too. Checking Failbook (I don't call it Facebook anymore) every 5 minutes in the hope that there will be something new and interesting to occupy me. And that's the problem with the internet... We look to it for entertainment purposes and end up wasting so much time looking for the entertainment.
I'd be lost without the internet. How else was I supposed to obtain a maternity wedding dress at short notice?! Go into a shop and actually order one specially made and costs a fortune?! I don't think so. Yes, this is where the internet comes into its own. A few hours of research saves days in the field. But some people capitalise on the fact that some of us are just too lazy to leave the house to find things, thus leaving us ripped off and vowing never to fall into an online trap and to do things the old fashioned way. Well, here's to time wasting.
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good things on the internet. And useful things. And helpful things. But honestly, who goes onto the internet solely to donate grains of rice? I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment