Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Global Mail: different kind of news publication


It’s a shame that I rarely update the news. But the Global Mail has caught my eyes for the first time when Peter shown an article about photography on the site last semester.  Since then, I started looking news on that site. I like The Global Mail’s layout with the side-scrolling design, which is beyond traditional format. It looks interesting but it is breaking many rules at once and hard to use for some people. Yes, sometime it’s annoying but what can I say? I like it. With the magazine-style-alike, I feel more comfortable when reading a political piece which has never grab my attention and interest before. 

However, The Global Mail is lack of a comments facility, links and engagement with other sites in the stories, a distinct impression was formed. This was a trendy website but might not reliable source. Also, more contents need posted more regularly. 5 articles for 7 days, I don't think it gives the audience a decent reason for coming back. Sometimes, I found the articles a bit long but the contents were quite good and included a range of media from photosets and video.

Apart from that, I still love a concept of a well resource and independent new sites. In my opinion, its presentation always worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment