Friday, September 21, 2012

Hot off the press



 
I personally have always found SMH the most engaging news source as they always catch my attention with their appealing headlines. Another attractive feature on the SMH website is the news bar when you can see the latest news in a range of different topics such as music, TV, art, food and the latest on what is happening around the town. With the topics they have it will attract a wide range audience from ages 15-35. Depending on the audiences preferences, both male and female can get some type of enjoyment as there is a little bit for everyone.

This site has personally helped me get over the line in my senior years in high school as I chose legal studies as one of my subjects and with the latest breaking news being just a click of a button away the site was very helpful, they even have suggested hyperlinks at the bottom of each page with related stories they think you might also enjoy and that will also make sure that you have all the facts to that particular story. 

In the media driven society we live in now I believe that the SMH is doing exactly what it needs to to keep their readers engaged and keep coming back for more. 

The new source that I found the least promising for my personally taste would be Crickey as I felt that the page was wayyy to unorganised and makes my OCD go a little bit crazy. Although the topics at hand are very interesting, I have personally always had a weak spot for trashy magazines as I thrive off the gossip so I like to be able to see that in my preferred news sources as well. 

 I think Crickey are targeted more of a mature aged generation who are well educated

No comments:

Post a Comment