Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WTF... Is this world coming to?



Disgusting absolutely disgusting... I'm Referring of course to the new Kia advertisement making it's way around Facebook. Will wonders never cease? Honestly did they believe that this was a good idea?


I have to ask... Where are all the people that are meant to say "ummm excuse me but that idea is a terrible idea"?  Is the hierarchy of advertising full of yes men? or did they use the controversy just to get exposure? either way they should be embarrassed with their behavior...

To Think that one or more people sat down and all agreed on using the faces of starving children and the references to their families... Just to manipulate the audience into feeling obliged to do as they requested. It's one of the most horrifying abuses of power the media has attempted to display that I have seen so far.

As a mother and a DECENT, compassionate human being I am out-raged over this display of dirty advertising. Usually I would ramble on, on these weekly posts but this one has left me quite shocked and believe it or not... lost for words.
So I asked a member of our class to tell me what she thinks about this topic, so here's AMY :)




Thanks Amy for that very insightful opinion...


No comments:

Post a Comment