Thursday, November 29, 2012







LEAVE EDUCATION ALONE

“Thousands of people gathered in Sydney calling on Premier Barry O'Farrell to reverse $1.7 billion in cuts to NSW education. NSW Teachers Federation President, Maurie Mulheron, called on Mr O'Farrell to reverse the education cuts and job losses - including those of 800 TAFE teachers.” I was shocked and worried when I heard about these.







What does this mean to us!




Be honest I don’t know much about politics and it seems very complicated and frustrating to me.  BUT I do know that EDUCATION is extremely important to a person, a nation and the future of a country.  As a student I have been studying at TAFE for more than three years and I can tell the difference that it has made to my life through TAFE and I have been seeing so many great teachers and they are good at what they do. Education has given me the confidence to be employed and gives me the ability and skill to continue my education at university in the future. TAFE gives me, and everyone, the opportunity  to study the things they need with affordable fees.

 I do agree that TAFE may need some changes and bit of an update to catch up with rest of other educational providers such as private schools and colleges. But if the State Government simplifies their action as ‘cutting’ then I believe that it’s radical and unacceptable. Thinking about this, if many people in this county cannot afford tertiary education then what is going to happen to nation in the long run? Please do not sale education and education does not need to be expensive because this isn’t the nature of education.


Please, Leave Education Alone!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment